"Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning." Psalm 30:5

Monday, April 26, 2010

Berkeley Marina

First stop today was The North Face Outlet to get a much needed windbreaker.  The guys there suggested a great little sandwich shop on the way to the marina.    I followed their advice and picked up some lunch to enjoy by the water.  I walked to the very end of the fishing pier at the Berkeley Marina and really needed that new windbreaker.  The picture on the left is from the end of the pier looking back at the Berkeley Hills.  The Berkeley Marina is where most of the family attending Doug's graduation will be staying.  Bring your windbreakers!!!  Besides the fishing pier, marina, restaurants and hotels there is also a huge park (Cesar Chavez Park) and a walking/biking trail and a place to fly kites.  I found a nice bench facing the water to enjoy my lunch.   There were  ground squirrels everywhere waiting for me to drop them a snack.  Little did they know that squirrels are not my favorite animals.  Their cousins have caused me much grief in the past!!!


Next stop was Peet's for a cup of coffee and to warm up.  While there, a very interesting couple asked if they could share my table.  We started talking about my iTouch and branched out from there.  Oddly enough, she is an author and just published a book on divorce.  She invited me to meet her for coffee Tuesday so she could share a copy with me.

1 comment:

Peggy said...

How cool! Heart iPod Touches! And Peet's - there are only two in Houston, in the airports.