"Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning." Psalm 30:5

Friday, April 2, 2010

It never rains in California?????

I vaguely remember a song with the line "it never rains in California" - maybe the Beach Boys but it has rained every day this week. Several people have accused me of bringing the rain with me but it was beautiful and sunny when I left Texas. I am ready for some sunshine! Leigh Anne helped me move into the sublet this morning. It didn't take us too long. This afternoon I walked a few blocks to meet Doug after class and he showed me a few of his favorite shops and then we went to the Monterrey Market - famous for fresh fruits and veggies. This was my first day to drive around Berkeley - haven't gotten lost yet!!! The speed limit is between 15 and 25 mph on most of the streets I've traveled.

2 comments:

becki-c said...

You have Onstar, you are never lost.
As for rain, it was clear and sunny there until about noon today so I dont' know where you got it from.
I am so glad that you found fresh produce, it is so hard to eat healthy when you are out of your element. I am so glad that you are getting to spend time together.

Anonymous said...

you must have gotten the juneau rain. it's been sunny and tshirt weather here. totally not normal!