"Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning." Psalm 30:5

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

It's a Cold, Cruel World:)

A week or two ago a friend of mine posted on Facebook that she knew someone that needed a bone marrow transplant and urged us all to sign up.  I went to the site to see what you need to do.  Guess what?  I am too old!!  They don't take people over 60.  OUCH!!!!

Today I went to the Juneau Senior Citizens Center to see if they needed any volunteers.  The director was very nice but it is a federally run program and all volunteers must pass several background checks.    Takes too long and is too costly for someone here on a short stay.   But guess what?  At 60,  I qualify for their programs:)  She invited me to come any day for lunch or to one of the programs.  OUCH, OUCH, OUCH!!!!!!  My only saving grace is she did ask how old I was - she did not assume I was sixty.

As engraved on my iTouch and my children have been coerced to tell you,  I am the NEW FORTY!!!!  If they tell you otherwise, please let me know so I can "review" my will.



I also went to the Alaska State Museum today.  Every time I come to Juneau I visit this museum.  It is so well done and always interesting.  There was a wonderful exhibit of photographs this time as well as all the usual exhibits.  They do need volunteers so I may check back with them next week.




.

3 comments:

Ardell said...

Gee, if I was there we could have lunch together at the "center." Remember...age is just a number...the bigger the number...the more fun you have had!

becki-c said...

Are you bored already? You just got there!

Working at the museaum sounds perfect!

Jan said...

Ouch! That does sting a little! But you are absolutely right...we are the new forty!

"Wrinkles should merely indicate where a smile has been." by Mark Twain (a man, of course!)

Love the blog!
Jan