"Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning." Psalm 30:5

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Fourth of July!!!!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday!!!  This is the first 4th of July ever  that I have worn a sweatshirt and a jacket:):)  It rained all day yesterday so last night's fireworks display was rescheduled for midnight tonight - that is when it is dark enough!   It has been raining most of the day today so I hope they'll still be able to have it.  The fireworks are shot off from a barge in the Gastineau Channel.

There is always a big parade that starts in Juneau and then comes over to Douglas where I am staying.  I watched it from the Douglas side and met Sarah and her friends for food a little later.   We did make Sarah share that turkey leg!   Lots of people were out and about but the rain has definitely put a damper on things.  I'll post a few of the pictures I have taken of the parade and Sarah and her friends, Cami and Tom.  Zyda is my "grand-dog".  Please note that even the "natives" have on jackets!    Truly, a good old fashioned 4th of July!!    Enjoy your day. Many thanks to all of our veterans.    Fireworks went off at midnight!!!  They were beautiful but way to hard to photograph for this novice.


2 comments:

Jan said...

Yes, I would think wearing a sweatshirt for the 4th is a new experience! We just had the usual heat and lots of good ole mosquitoes! Enjoy it while you can!
Jan

Unknown said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Zaida! :o)

I wish it was sweatshirt weather HERE.

I keep looking at your pictures with all of this beautiful vegetation and thinking, ARE THERE TICKS? Maybe it's too cold for them!

See ya,'
Annette