"Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning." Psalm 30:5

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Mount Rainier National Park

Mount Rainier National Park is just east of Seattle.    Most of the time Mount Rainer is hidden in the clouds but I got lucky.  When I first got there, you couldn't see the mountain at all.  Just before I left, I noticed a little of the mountain peeking through.  As I was driving down the mountain, I stopped at a viewpoint that looked back at the mountain and it was breathtaking!!!!

The Visitor Center is new and very nice.  They have several exhibits and a nice film about the park and its history.  I am one of those people who always watch the park films.

Grove of the Patriarchs
The exit towards Yakima, WA passed by the Grove of the Patriarchs which I also wanted to see.  There was a mile long loop that meandered through the huge trees.  Very impressive!!!  I really enjoyed walking amongst the huge trees and listening to the sounds of nature.  Heals the soul.  I spent quite a while at the park.  There were so many wonderful viewpoints ti was hard not to stop.








Driving down out of the mountains there were a few "white knuckle" places but I did pretty well.  I spent the night near Yakima, WA.

1 comment:

becki-c said...

You really are visiting the most incredible places!