"Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning." Psalm 30:5

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Nashville News

Country Music Hall of Fame

Lunch here.
Walter and I played tourist on Friday and went to the Country Music Hall of Fame, ate bbq at Jack's and then went to the Ryman Theater that night to see the Grand Ole Opry.  The Opry was great fun even though we didn't know too many of the older singers.  Kathy Mattea and Blake Shelton both played.  You could take pictures inside but it was really hard.
On Stage at the Opry


Saturday morning Janet and Nick drove up from Huntsville to help me find a place to live.  We met the Realtor at 9:00 a.m. and started looking.  First place was perfect BUT the owner had changed it to a "for sale" instead of rental.  By early afternoon we had found two more possibilities.  One was in a perfect location but the owner was so hard to work with, I decided "not to go there".  Third one was a charm.  I signed the papers yesterday to rent a townhouse in Franklin, TN.  It has a guest room so I'll be ready for visitors soon.

Saturday afternoon, we were tourists again and went to The Hermitage (Andrew Jackson's home).  Last time Janet and I were there it was 15 degrees so we didn't see the outbuildings.  This time just as Janet and I were ready to walk back there it started thundering and lightening.  Maybe next time:)  We did make it back inside before it started pouring.  After dinner and the last blog drawing, Janet and Nick headed back to Huntsville.

The Hermitage


Sunday was one of those days.  Walter and I both are trying to forget it ever happened.  Let's just say it ended with dinner at Arby's.  Not good:)  After a really long day of driving, we made it back to Walter's Monday night.  Most of the trip was good, though, and I have a nice place to live.  Thank you, Walter!

I am now back in Houston at Maynard's (my other brother) getting some things done so I can move in September.  I'll update when I make the big move.

1 comment:

Doris W. in TN said...

I'm glad you got to see some of the sights. Jack's BBQ is a staple on Broadway! Try to take in the Golden Age of Couture exhibit at the Frist (downtown) before it leaves town on Sept. 12th. http://www.fristcenter.org/site/exhibitions/exhibitiondetail.aspx?cid=795
You won't regret it.