"Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning." Psalm 30:5

Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Kindness of "Almost" Strangers

One of the women I have been in email contact with through Pattern Review brought me lunch on Monday.   Thank you, Doris.  Such a nice gesture!!!    We had lots to talk about and she gave me some great information on the area.    Doris also invited me to her local quilt group, Cumberland Valley Quilters Association, which had their monthly meeting Tuesday morning.  I took a break from unpacking and went to the meeting.  Lots of fun - I met some people and got some great ideas.    That bright pink name tag means I am a new member!!!

The unpacking/organizing continues . . .

7 comments:

Mary Beth said...

You both look gorgeous!

Peggy said...

You both look terrific! How fun to get to make a great new friend!

Anonymous said...

How NICE! You're already making inroads. :o)

(The only reason I always sign these "anonymous" is because I can't ever remember what my stinkin' username and password are, OKAY?)

Love,
ANONYMOUS (Annette)

becki-c said...

You do look very happy and relaxed! How was the meeting? I bet you made lots of friends.
Ours isn't until the 22nd, I will miss you.

Anonymous said...

What a pretty pic of the both of you! I'm so glad you are getting settled and "meeting" friends! Your new quilting group sounds like it will be a really nice one. I know you will be so happy to get your sewing room & the rest of the place all organized! Thinking of you! ~ Christa :-) (I'm like Annette and can't remember my password, so that's why this is from Anonymous!)

Doris W. in TN said...

I am glad I didn't break the camera!!!

nitacrow said...

You make friends EVERYWHERE. Gosh, you are an incredible person and so TALENTED....So proud of you....AND

I LOVE THIS BLOG.....!

i am also glad you cat is still with you