"Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning." Psalm 30:5

Monday, December 6, 2010

The Big Apple - Day Three


NY Cheesecake
Corned Beef on Rye
Today Sara S (a friend of my children who recently moved to NYC) met me to explore the city some more.  We walked around the Times Square area and then met Leigh Anne for lunch at the Stage Deli.  What can I say???  Leigh Anne and I shared a corned beef or rye and NY Cheesecake!!!  Yum:):)  Sara's roast been looked pretty good, too!!!


Sara at the deli.


After Leigh Anne went back to work, Sara and I started walking towards Bloomingdale's and saw some sidewalk performers.  They were great - until they wanted TEN DOLLARS:)  Bloomingdales and the other stores in the area were fun for  window shopping and to see the Christmas decorations.  There was also a very weird stock room tour at CVS sometime:)  We had coffee and then headed back to the apartment to rest (I think it was me that needed to rest).  When Leigh Anne got home, the three of us headed out shopping again in the area.  Success!!!  They helped me find a really nice coat.  By that time,  Doug was able to meet us at a great Thai restaurant for dinner with a stop at a bakery on the way home.  Surely I walked enough today to erase all those calories.



Doug's Christmas ornaments which were MIA were found in my storage so I shipped them to NYC.   The tree definitely has a sports theme at the moment.

A fun day!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

awe. i miss sara!!!