"Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning." Psalm 30:5

Monday, March 7, 2011

PSD (Perfect Sewing Day)

This past weekend was a great weekend for sewing!  Not one but two perfect sewing days.  The weather was rainy and cold and I didn't leave home on Saturday.  Sunday I did get out and about.

Saturday morning I was up super early and finished the binding on the quilt Barbara made for Amy.   My friend Cathy at The Dancing Bobbin did the quilting on her long-arm.   Next up were two pillowcases to coordinate.  This was the first time I had used my embroidery machine in months and it was fun to get it set up and going again.  These items were shipped back to Texas today so Barbara and Amy should have them by the end of the week.

Macy Giggles by Izzy & Ivy
Back with big covered buttons.
Next on my list was a little girl's sundress from "Izzy and Ivy Designs" to be used as a shop sample at Quilting Squares.  When we make samples, we follow the patterns exactly so our customers will know what to expect.  I had a few questions on the construction and sent an email with my questions (after consulting with some of my sewing buds).  The owner was so sweet and called me back within an hour on Saturday afternoon.  Excellent service!!!  These patterns are designed for beginner sewers and busy moms so some of the construction methods are different than I would normally use.  The dress turned our really sweet!  It has been years since I made a child's dress.


Pattern Review is having a "Mini-Wardrobe" contest which I have entered. It consists of making four garments and adding one additional garment you already own to make six different outfits.  Robyn did a story board for me since I was clueless on how to even get started.  It turned out great and is entitled "Funky Finesse".  These patterns are fun and a little different.  I finished the Vogue pants, view C with some fabric I bought from Kashi in NYC last December.  The Sewing Workshop Urban pants are up next.
FUNKY FINESSE


My new sewing space is working out beautifully.  Sunday afternoon I went to Joanne's to get some fabric to make skirts for the tables - you can hide a lot of stuff under there:)

On the Kindle:  "Though Not Dead: A Kate Shugat Mystery" by Dana Stabenow.  The librarian at the Houston Public Library got me hooked on these mysteries set in Alaska.  This is the latest in the series.

8 comments:

Rhoto said...

Sew NOW I know what "PDS" means ;)!!
Wishing you many more, Peggy.
Rhonda in Montreal (PR)

Anonymous said...

Well, I WONDERED what PSD meant! I was afraid I might seem stupid if I asked. So glad you had one of those, and I too wish you many more! The quilt is so pretty, and I love the font for the pillowcases ..... too cute! That dress is simply adorable. The little sleeves are just so sweet. You did a wonderful job on all of your projects. Can't wait to see the upcoming wardrobe! Mucho LOVE-isimo! ~ Christa :-)

Donna said...

That dress is so adorable! I love seeing all the things you are working on! Maybe I need to see if our local library has that book series!

Cyndi said...

Peggy, the pillowcases are perfect with the quilt. I know she will love them. I can't wait to see the little sundress in person. You do such great work. Looking forward to more show and tell now that your getting your sewing room up and going.

becki-c said...

I love the quilt colors! so spring.
PSD, that sounds wonderful. Its good to see that you are making the best of it!

Peggy said...

Love your quilt colors and the dress is adorable! Nice going! I hope you have more projects lined up -- we're sending you more rain! ;>)

Doris W. in TN said...

Looks like your sewing mojo has returned, now that you have a nice sewing room. I love the quilt and matching ME'd pillowcase, and the colors.

nitacrow said...

PDS,.....GLAD it wasn't PMS!!!!

YOUR SEWING is beautiful Peggy....so pretty....your dresses are adorable....

i have 2 cousins that quilt and go to quilt shows....will you be going to the Kentucky show?
love you -nita