"Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning." Psalm 30:5

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Ruth Lamond Chance
1922-2001
Happy Mother's Day!  My five siblings and I were blessed with a truly wonderful mother.  Which also means our children had a super grandmother who taught them lots of games.   Mother was known for her great sense of humor among other things.  All of her friends requested she bring her famous brownies to all events and she was well known for making the best crab cakes and fried shrimp anywhere.  My children called her "Brownie Grandma" which meant she rarely visited without bringing them brownies.  Smart kids.   Even at my age there are still days when "I want my Mommy"!!!  

As for me, I love being a mother and have the best children. Thanks for making me feel special today.  I have had calls, cards, flowers and will be having dinner tonight with Janet and Nick in Huntsville.

Tulips from Doug and Leigh Anne

2 comments:

becki-c said...

How beautiful! You are so blessed with such wonderful children.
I miss my mommy too somedays.

You don't happen to have that brownie recipe do ya?

Roz said...

Well said! I have a lot of "cooking" memories of my Mom, too. Like you, I feel blessed for the family I grew up with and the family I have now. What more could we ask for!