"Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning." Psalm 30:5

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Mud Volcano/Old Faithful

We have about a dozen young adults working at Fishing Bridge from Taiwan.  They have been here about two weeks.  With no transportation, it is hard for them to see the park.  I took three of the girls on my visit to Mud Volcano Friday morning.  We walked all the way around and saw the different thermal features and the bubbling mud.

Later in the day, I drove four of them over to Old Faithful for the rest of the day.  They took off and did their own thing and I met up with
them later in the day.  From the sound
 of it, they had a great time.  On the way back to Fishing Bridge we saw a beautiful elk which was another first for them.




Stopped at the Continental Divide for a quick pic

Elk we saw on the way back to Fishing Bridge


I have also been on the lookout for moose.  Several people have seen a bull moose over at Bridge Bay Marina nearby but after several trips I still have not timed it right.  This morning I tried again with no luck but driving around I did see a female moose.  Really awesome!!!  The fires in 1988 destroyed the vegetation they eat so it is really rare to see one in this area.

4 comments:

Peggy said...

You're going to be a very accomplished tour guide when this summer job is over! Great pics!

Anonymous said...

Wow, the pictures are great. I didn't realize there was so much to see in Yellowstone!

Barbara

becki-c said...

You are making me so jealous! It is nice to see that it has warmed up a little bit there.
Thank you so much for posting such wonderful pictures, you are my main source of wallpaper at the office.

Doris W. in TN said...

What a nice thing to do, by giving transportation to the co-workers from Taiwan! Amazing pictures, too.