"Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning." Psalm 30:5

Sunday, October 21, 2012

One Last Visitor!!!


Many of you know I have been sewing since I was a teenager - a lot of years!!  As a member of the online sewing community Pattern Review almost from its inception, I have been fortunate to meet many of my online sewing friends.

Yvonne and Robert
Earlier this summer, I got an email from Yvonne (vonnevo on PR) that she would be visiting Yellowstone NP in September and was planning to come by and meet me.  Such Fun!!!  She and Robert stopped by the store on September 23 - my birthday weekend.  Fortunately, I had the afternoon off so had time to visit.  The three of us spent several hours talking, etc.  I am happy to report to my other PR friends that she is just as nice in person as she is on PR.  Amazingly, we talked very little about sewing.  That was probably a mistake on my part as she is one of the most admired sewists on PR.  After leaving YSNP, they were headed back to California to housesit for another PR friend.  Isn't the internet amazing???  By the way, they live near Brisbane, Australia!!!

Other highlights of the weekend:  As you know, you have no secrets on Facebook!!!  The night before my birthday, I was taking some of my Taiwanese friends out to look for wildlife when they started singing Happy Birthday to me.  They had seen it on FB!!!  When I used my free meal at the "grill", Penny decorated my plate:)


 Jeanne also surprised me with a birthday cake and some nice gifts.  As I have said before, many friendships were made over the summer.

Me with Matthew and Jeanne-
he called us his American "aunties"

No comments: