"Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning." Psalm 30:5

Sunday, January 13, 2013

AL/TN Bound

The Saturday after Thanksgiving, I headed to Alabama to see Janet and Nick and then went on to Tennessee to see friends.   Its a 13 hour drive and I have decided to break that up into two days from now on.  Am I getting old?


Janet and Nick are doing great.  I had not seen them since their visit to Yellowstone NP in June.  We had lots to catch up on.  One of the days I was there,  Janet and I made new Christmas stockings for the two of them and their cat, Callie.  About half-way through Janet comments "Mom, if you weren't helping me I'd have just ordered these".  My reply, "if these weren't for you, I'd wouldn't do this".  We persevered and they came out cute.

New Stockings for the Cassianos
Cathy and I
After a few days in Huntsville, I headed to Spring Hill, TN and stayed with Cathy and Ted.  Picked up my mountains of mail - and I mean mountains.  Cathy's new quilt shop The Dancing Bobbin is doing great and has grown since I left.

I also had dinner one night with some of my "movie buddies' and my "bike riding buddy".  Great fun to see everyone.

Saturday I headed to The Quilting Squares where I use to work part-time for their Christmas Open House.   For all my Houston peeps who keep asking about me running into country music stars (funny, they don't seem to go to the same places as me) here is a pic of Steve Wariner.  His wife, Caryn, is a quilter.  Super nice guy.

Steve Wariner 

After lunch with a PR buddy, I headed back to Houston with an overnight stop along the way.

No comments: