"Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning." Psalm 30:5

Monday, October 14, 2013

On the road again . . . September-October, 2013


. . . on the road again!!!

After much planning, Jeannine Mayo and I left September 25th for our first caravan adventure.  She bought an R-Pod over the summer.  Her sister, Suzanne Thompson, will be joining us in Cherokee, NC.   The plan is to go to Florida, Great Smokey Mountain National Park, and up the Blue Ridge Parkway.  After that, we will split up.  I am going to visit a friend in Winston-Salem, NC, and then to Huntsville, AL for the winter.  Jeannine and Suzanne will head back to Texas.

Convoy!


We met at a rest area off I-10 and  headed for our first overnight stop at the KOA outside of Baton Rouge, LA.
KOA -Baton Rouge
Jeannine presented with a cool
"31" bag for my birthday


Goodbye Kiss!

Let me help.


The hardest part of leaving was saying good-bye to Doug, Leigh Anne and Caden.  It was great getting to see them so often and watching how Caden has grown over the summer.  What can I say - I love that little boy!

1 comment:

becki-c said...

It looks like so much fun!
He is getting so big, he will be taller than you before you know it.