"Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning." Psalm 30:5

Saturday, June 7, 2014

Hiking - To the Arm of the Crazy Horse Memorial

Our group!!! Four of us over 50:)  I hiked with that group.
Today eight co-workers and I participated in the Crazy Horse Volksmarch - a hike up to the arm of the Crazy Horse Memorial.  It was a fun experience.  This is an organized hike and is a once a year event.    Its was a 6.2 mile round trip hike that ended at the Visitor Center.  It continues to rain here and poured down early this morning, but it didn't stop us.  We all started with jackets/layers on and removed them later.  The trail was muddy in places so we did a little detouring.  According to my Fitbit, I walked  6.79 miles and climbed 110 flights of stairs.


On the trail.
Lots of mud.

UP the trail!

Saw several signs re the blasting they do while working on
the sculpture.

This tunnel will eventually be the area
under his arm.

Proof that I made it to the top!!


3 comments:

becki-c said...

Wow! That's impressive, your physical fitness amazes me. I would have a hard time doing 6 miles in Houston elevation, in Houston weather.
You look so chilly there. I assume that it isn't as warm there as it was here...

Peggy L said...

All its done since I've been here is RAIN!!! Enough:) It was in the upper 40s - low 50s when we hiked. Cooler than it has been. I sleep with my electric blanket on and turn on my heater in the mornings.
Warms up during the day.

Anonymous said...

Heya i amm ffor the primary tie here. I founnd this board andd I fibd It really helpful & it
helped me out a lot. I hope to offer something back
and aid others like you helped me.

My web blog: Buy Youtube Subscribers paypal